Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Every day is an adventure!



We had been told our office would be closed on Monday, 27 January, because of the cleaning and painting. Because of needing to do some laundry, we were there when Sister Sousa and Sister Bingham were getting ready to go to the airport. These two faithful sisters were originally called to the Tacloban Mission. After the typhoon, they were assigned to our mission in Cebu. Now, they have been asked to go back to Tacloban. 

Elder Brent H. Nielson, our Area Authority, sent out this notice to the president on 17 January 2014.
"I am pleased to announce that we are ready to move 26 missionaries back to the Tacloban Mission. We have found safe apartments with power, clean water and food. It will be a great boost to our members there to see the missionaries returning. This first group will be assigned in Southern Leyte."

We felt we were at the office for a reason: to visit with the sisters, do some laundry for them before their interview with the President, take them to lunch, and give them warm hugs goodbye.
      As you can imagine, they are a little sad to leave us. As Sister Sousa said, "I love my companion, I love my branch, I love my investigators, I love my area, I absolutely love President Schmutz and what I am learning from him, I love Cebu. Oh, this is hard to leave."
      Remember, they saw the total devastation of Leyte after the typhoon. But, being the obedient sisters they are, they will return and do a great missionary work there. They are in our thoughts and prayers. 

Later we visited a street market in Carbon. Here were a couple of sights we saw there. 
 Screen painting a T-shirt only took a couple of seconds at the street market.

This man is getting ready to cook these fish - for sale, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment